Fatiga post-esfuerzo: biomarcadores para el SFC (Inglés)

Responder
EndSFC
Administrador del Sitio

Fatiga post-esfuerzo: biomarcadores para el SFC (Inglés)

Mensaje por EndSFC »

"Reduced functional capacity and post-exertional fatigue following physical activity are hallmark symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and may even qualify for biomarker status"

This study, although not peer reviewed ad not blinded, led to the same conclusions others did: A 2 days- effort-test is valid to discriminate those with CFS from sedentary healthy controls.
Very interesting one of the explanations they give to the results:

(...)"In the absence of respiratory disease, low oxygen consumption could also result from autonomic dysfunction and reduced ventilation. This symptomatology has also been linked to immune dysregulation as seen in such illnesses as Guillain-Barré syndrome and multiple sclerosis" (...)
More evidence pointing towards an autoimmune aetiology...

http://ptjournal.apta.org/content/early ... 0368.short" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Aquel que tiene un porqué para vivir se puede enfrentar a todos los cómos" F. Nietzsche
"Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine"
elipoarch
Administrador del Sitio

Re: Fatiga post-esfuerzo: biomarcadores para el SFC (Inglés)

Mensaje por elipoarch »

Como a veces cambian los estudios de url, es buena idea copiar y pegarlos en el foro, con el correspondiente enlace a la fuente original, claro.

Pego aquí el abstract:

[t]Discriminative Validity of Metabolic and Workload Measurements to Identify Individuals With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome[/t]
Christopher R. Snell, Staci R. Stevens, Todd E. Davenport ([email protected]) and J. Mark Van Ness
+ Author Affiliations

C.R. Snell, Department of Sport Sciences, University of the Pacific, Stockton, California.
S.R. Stevens, Workwell Foundation, Ripon, California.
T.E. Davenport, Department of Physical Therapy, University of the Pacific, 3601 Pacific Ave, Stockton, CA 95211 (USA).
J.M. Van Ness, Department of Sport Sciences, University of the Pacific.

Abstract

Objectives
Reduced functional capacity and post-exertional fatigue following physical activity are hallmark symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and may even qualify for biomarker status. That these symptoms are often delayed may explain the equivocal results for clinical cardiopulmonary exercise testing among individuals with CFS. Test reproducibility in healthy subjects is well documented. This may not be the case with CFS due to delayed recovery symptoms. The objectives for this study was to determine the discriminative validity of objective measurements obtained during CPET to distinguish individuals with CFS from non-disabled sedentary individuals.

Methods
Gas exchange data, workloads and related physiological parameters were compared between 51 individuals with CFS and 10 control subjects, all females, for two maximal exercise tests separated by 24 hours.

Results
Multivariate analysis showed no significant differences between controls and CFS for Test 1. However, for Test 2 the individuals with CFS achieved significantly lower values for oxygen consumption and workload at peak exercise and at the ventilatory/anaerobic threshold. Follow-up classification analysis differentiated between groups with an overall accuracy of 95.1%.

Conclusions
The lack of any significant differences between groups for the first exercise test would appear to support a deconditioning hypothesis for CFS symptoms. However, results from the second test indicate the presence of a CFS related post-exertional fatigue. It might be concluded that a single exercise test is insufficient to reliably demonstrate functional impairment in individuals with CFS. A second test may be necessary to document the atypical recovery response and protracted fatigue possibly unique to CFS, which can severely limit productivity in the home and workplace.

Received October 27, 2011.
Accepted June 23, 2013.
VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT (Vence quien se vence a sí mismo)
EX NOTITIA VICTORIA (En el conocimiento reside el triunfo) 12
(tomado prestado de un amiguete... gràcies, Fran)

Mensaje por espurnaviva »

Y todo esto me lleva a una vieja conversación sobre la Dra. Álvarez (creo que ese es el nombre), que trabaja con el Dr. Alegre y que considera que no es precisa una prueba de dos días y que basta con uno.

Total, me gustaría saber si los médicos del ICAM utilizan alguna de las pruebas de esfuerzo para algo... ¿Alguien sabe algo?

A mí, en su día, ni me la llegaron a hacer. Iba en silla de ruedas y ni me podía tener bien en la bicicleta. Empecé a pedalear con gran ilusión y tan poco efecto, que la doctora me dijo que bajara porque no podría tomar los valores que necesitaba. Dijo que el hecho de no haber podido ni realizar la prueba era ya muy significativo, pero no me hizo ningún tipo de informe :( :( :( :( Así las cosas, es como si no me hubiera dado la gana de hacer el ejercicio... :cry:

Amigos administradores: creo que todo esto podría ir también a "pruebas diagnósticas". Si podéis...
elipoarch
Administrador del Sitio

Mensaje por elipoarch »

Bueno, este foro es para poner los estudios, aunque podemos poner un mensaje en Pruebas diagnósticas y llevar ahí la discusión del mismo... luego, que ya no doy más por ahora...

El ICAM no hace prueba de esfuerzo, a mí me dijeron dos veces que me harían una prueba de esfuerzo y en realidad me hicieron una prueba de valoración funcional (tócate las rodillas, camina en linea recta, aprieta esta "pera", siéntate aquí con este casco en la cabeza a ver si te mareas...) vamos, cualquier cosa que sirva para valorar cualquier otra cosa que no sea SFC... y así poder decir que estás perfectamente para trabajar. Su objetivo no es valorarnos, sino darnos el alta... a las pruebas me remito... tres veces, por cierto, en mi caso... pero hay centenares de casos de SFC con la misma experiencia.

Son de todo menos Evaluadores... Verdugos sí que son.
VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT (Vence quien se vence a sí mismo)
EX NOTITIA VICTORIA (En el conocimiento reside el triunfo) 12
(tomado prestado de un amiguete... gràcies, Fran)